- They are good for people who want a small friendly pet.
- They are quiet and ideal for condo's or apartments (make sure you are fully committed to looking after them though.
- On average they live 4-7 years yet it will depend on how well you care for them as some can live for up to 18 years.
- They don't bark, the only noise they make is a high pitched squeal when they are frightened or hurt.
- They usually don't mind being petted or groomed.
- They will take food out of your hand, especially as you bond and become closer to them.
- They can be a full indoor pet as long as their cage is large enough.
- You can take them outdoors and but them a leash to do so.
- They each have their own personality.
- They sleep with their eyes open sometimes.
- They are strong creatures.
- You can train them.
- They may hurt themselves chewing a wire or your furniture if thy are indoors, due to the fact they like to nibble things.
- They enjoy to dig.
- Like all pets they may bite you.
- They need to keep their claws clipped.
- They need to be brushed regularly.
- They can hurt you if they are on your lap and jump off and kick you.
- They can sometimes have aggressive behaviour.
Personally, I find rabbits are good pets and would recommend you to have one if you are able to and have the space too keep them. Make sure you but them a good sized hutch and to keep them with lots of toys to play with.
I hope you now understand why rabbits are good pets.